The CORNERSTONE team are in the process of applying for additional funding from EPSRC (UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council) to introduce new platforms to the current CORNERSTONE capabilities.
The proposed new platforms are as follows:
- Flip-chip bonding of electronic circuits to photonics
- Pick and place of laser dies to facilitate on-chip light sources for multiple applications
- A high confinement Silicon Nitride photonics platform with thickness up to 1µm
- An undercut Silicon Photonics platform to facilitate photonics circuits that operate at wavelengths up to 4µm
- A Germanium on Silicon platform for photonics circuits that operate at wavelengths up to 12µm
More information can be found in the document below.
The current SOI capability will continue to operate as it has done for the previous 2 years. All users will be charged at the rates advertised on the Schedule & Cost page.