CORNERSTONE is an open source, license free Silicon Photonics rapid prototyping foundry. We offer a plethora of different platforms to support a wide range of applications ranging from telecoms to sensing, LiDAR, quantum and more. Each platform possesses a standard component library to lower the barrier to entry for non-photonics experts. We will gladly experiment and try new things for the benefit of our users. This flexible approach helps us to support early stage R&D projects and successfully fabricate proof of concept prototypes.
The CORNERSTONE team prides ourselves on the level of service and personal touch provided to our users. Every member of our team is ready to go above and beyond to help our users at every stage of their journey by providing expert advice and guidance.
What we offer
Multi-project-wafer (MPW) service on a variety of platforms:
- Silicon-on-insulator (220 nm / 340 nm / 500 nm thick silicon layers)
- 300 nm thick silicon nitride
- Suspended silicon (500 nm silicon thickness)
- 3 μm germanium-on-silicon
- Bespoke training courses
Deep-UV projection lithography service:
- Minimum feature size: 250 nm
- Resist thicknesses ranging from 600 to 1300 nm
- 200 mm silicon substrates
- Bespoke fabrication batches with a tape-out date to suit your requirements
- Electronic-photonic integration via flip-chip bonding
- Design consultancy
- Training courses including the chance to spend a day in our cleanrooms
Reasons to choose CORNERSTONE
- Flexibility in both our platforms and our fabrication process flows.
- Fast turnaround times: < 3 months for passive device batches.
- Our PDK and component libraries are all open source and license free.
- Our sign-up and design submission processes can be done in less than one minute.
- We treat confidentiality and data-handling with the utmost care.
- The power of collaboration
- Equal opportunities for all
A general overview of the CORNERSTONE project and its capabilities can be downloaded below.
Alternatively you can watch a webinar recorded in February 2020, in collaboration with the PIC Magazine, which presents an overview of CORNERSTONE. Register for free here.