The CORNERSTONE team have been successful in their application for funding from EPSRC to introduce new platforms to the CORNERSTONE capabilities.
The new platforms are as follows:
- Flip-chip bonding of electronic circuits to photonics
- Pick and place of laser dies to facilitate on-chip light sources for multiple applications
- A high confinement Silicon Nitride photonics platform with thickness up to 1µm
- An undercut Silicon Photonics platform to facilitate photonics circuits that operate at wavelengths up to 4µm
- A Germanium-on-Silicon platform for photonics circuits that operate at wavelengths up to 12µm
- Deep-UV projection lithography service
CORNERSTONE 2 is a 2-year project during which the platforms will be developed to a state of readiness suitable for multi-project-wafer batches for the first 18 months. Following the same model as CORNERSTONE, the platforms will then be available free-of-charge to UK academia for the final 6 months of the project.
The current SOI capability will continue to operate as it has done for the previous years. All users will be charged at the rates advertised on the Schedule & Cost page.